Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm a lifer

I'm now officially a lifetime Weightwatchers member. That means I get to go to any meeting I want anywhere I want for free for the rest of my life, as long I don't go more than 2 lbs over my goal weight. I'm about 2 pounds below it right now, which is a little too close for comfort, but whatever, I can't complain. I'm still below my goal. :-)

The bad news is I'm still having trouble maintaining. I gained 2.4 pounds this week. It's no mystery why. I was sick and didn't work out for a full week. Plus, I was in Tahoe for a work thing for most of the week, so I ate out and horribly every day. Being sick is the one "red light emotion" I have to worry about. Red light emotions are those that make you turn to food for comfort. I'm not really an emotional person, so it's not an issue for me most of the time (except for maybe boredom), but the one time I have noticed that I get all crazy with food is when I'm sick.

This week, BBQ brisket sandwiches and fries have been my downfall (twice). Plus, loaded up nachos, pasta, pizza, churros, Baskin Robbins Rocky Road (twice), and strawberry french toast. Maybe I would have been able to handle it had I been working out, but the food coupled with the inactivity yielded me two and a half pounds. I'm feeling better now though, and I've made it to the gym all but one day this week, so hopefully this week will be better. Total weight loss so far = 24.4 lbs.

No comments: