Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fight fire with fire

As most of you probably know, I was peer-pressured into doing this Community Emergency Response Team class a few weeks ago. Basically, I have to go to class from 9am-12pm every Saturday morning for 5 weeks in order to get certified in how to survive and/or help others in an earthquake/fire/flood/disaster/other emergency.

I know what you're thinking. I hate 1) getting up early, 2) most other people, and 3) most physical activities, so what makes me think I would like any part of this? Honestly, I wondered the same thing.

But it's actually been pretty interesting so far. Yes, the instructors are melodramatic and somewhat... unsophisticated, BUT last week we did get to practice putting out a fire with this psuedo-bbq-firemaker-thing. That was kinda cool, I GUESS. And I guess we're learning some useful things about owning a home and what-not. So so far, it doesn't suck too bad.

Here's my goofy ass putting out a fire last week.

No comments: