Saturday, September 15, 2007

It's Britney, Bitch

Not really. It's just me. I'm just about packed for our trip to Alaska. We're leaving early tomorrow morning. On the one hand, I'm super-excited, and I can't wait to get a picture of me with an Alaskan salmon in my mouth. On the other hand, it's going to be rainy, and cold as fu%k, so I'm not really looking forward to that part of it.

I think I'm still a little down in the dumps about the whole Britney thing. By the way, Sarah Silverman's act was almost word-for-word the one she did for us in Vegas the week before. We must've been her test audience or something. I do have to give her props on her foresight. It was so appropriate to declare that Britney had already accomplished all she ever would after that horrendous performance. Way to call it ahead of time, Sarah.

I, on the other hand, was one of those suckers that thought Britney was going to do something amazing. I was super-jazzed to see her perform. I just knew she could somehow bring back the old Britney. That's why I took it so hard when she didn't care enough to put any effort into it. I felt betrayed. It's like, by keeping an open mind about her, and rooting for her, despite all of her horrific life choices, I feel like I was loyal. That she would be so careless with that faith just makes me mad. I feel dumb for believing in her. I also think she's an ingrate for squandering such a huge opportunity. That Chris Brown guy - oh, you could tell he was grateful for his fame. He put on a show! Jumped 3 feet in the air with all that energy, practically! Britney just acted like a baby and then put out less than the bare minimum. Just go home, Britney. You're done now.

:-(

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I felt some true Schadenfraude watching that performance.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

I felt betrayed too. I was really hoping that she would get it together and just Wow everyone.

I still have just a tad bit of hope that she will one day, but she needs to pack it up for now......

She said...

I, too, am disappointed in Britney's downward spiral. I'll have to continue to take solace in JT's success.

oh -- have fun in Alaska (my birthplace, y'know)! I look forward to a salmon-mouth picture.

p.s. thanks for saying hi on my blog. I feel loved. and slackery, since I just logged on and spotted the comment.