Friday, December 05, 2008

Dancing Queen

So, my nephew's running for winter formal queen at his school. The way this came about is that some kids were being dumb and sending text messages saying to vote for him for winter queen. He told me about it and I told him about my friend Mike from high school who actually ran for prom queen. He thought it was hilarious and decided to turn the joke around on the kids and run for winter queen himself. He spent all evening yesterday texting his friends and making posters. Some of the posters said, "Vote Jesse for Queen - He's got the rocks to run" and "Jesse for Queen - he's strong enough for a man, but pH balanced for a woman." Yes, he's quite a pip.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That's impressively ball-sy, which is probably not an age appropriate thing to say, but nonetheless...go Jesse.

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

Jesse is my new hero!!! I love the rocks to run quote!!!

Bethany said...

I love the pH balance quote. I wish I could vote. Go Jesse!

Sweet Coalminer said...

So, Hobo, did he win?

Cladeedah said...

Apparantly there were pre-printed ballots with girl's names on them already, so it wasn't even possible to write him in. Plus he started his campaign the day of the elaction, so.... yeah, no, he didn't win. Good story though.

Unknown said...

Kid's got ballz--that rocks!