Sunday, February 19, 2006

Best Friend of the Weekend

I can't get enough of my new friend James.

Friday, he was in the neighborhood taking a big important test (that I'm sure he rocked), so we had a nice long lunch w/ some of my old pals. He gave me a really interesting CD that he'd searched for for over a week.

Later that afternoon, he came by my work for a quick tour of the court and the jail. We almost got locked in the jail b/c it was late in the day, there was a shift change, and the night people didn't know who I was. Talk about embarrassing.

Friday night, James came over to get help painting a trophy for one of his students. (Awwwe.. so nice.) In between doing that, we went out to eat and played Quip It w/ Brian and my nephew. Good times.

Saturday I went out and saw Capote (sans James). It wasn't as great as I hoped it'd be. It moved too slowly for my taste. Too much Oscar hype. Not enough James. (kidding) ;-) Final grade=B.

Saturday night was Brad's Loft Party. James came. :-) The best was when we all did stupid human tricks. Here are pics. The camera battery died before we did the bigtime tricks though. Bummer.

Sunday I saw the best movie ever - Eight Below (also sans James, BUT, the movie was good nonetheless :-P ). I know what you're thinking film snobs, but REALLY, this movie was excellent. I bawled my head off and I don't even like dogs! Final grade=A.

Sunday night, James came over to pick up his finished trophy. He spun my nephews until they almost threw up and then taught me how to play a fun song on the piano. My nephews and I were sad to see him leave.

Some people (like his ex-girlfriend) think it's weird that James and I have been spending so much time together. Brian doesn't really think it's weird, since he's used to my best-friend-of-the-week routine. I don't know if James thinks it's weird. I suppose I'll have to ask.

All I know is that the guy cracks me up and that I can't get enough of him. My hope is that this BFOTW turns out to be more like a Nick or a Greg, rather than a Sadie Jo or a Wally.

8 comments:

Housekeeper said...

I liked Wally, not often you find a guy who will live in a van just to be your friend.

Shawna said...

Uh huh....

Well....I saw eight below to this weekend. I had to choke back a few tears too, however....although the main actor was HOT HOT HOT! I thought he SUCKED as an actor! The dogs were the best actors in the movie!

Cladeedah said...

Oh yeah, there was plenty about the movie that sucked - the acting, the stupid love-story subplot, the dumbass comic relief by that kid from the American Pie movies... But I still gave it an A because I sincerely enjoyed the movie, despite all of that. And you're right, it was totally because of the dogs. Those dogs could act!!!

Anonymous said...

man, i don't live in the same city as you for five years and all of a sudden you dump me for "jaaaameeees". i was going to move to vegas, but i guess i know now you don't need me. sniffle!

Cladeedah said...

Um, try more like 7 years buddy! You're the one who dropped me for the first hot British accent that came along. I've somehow finally found the strength to move on.

Anonymous said...

i can't help it if i like chicks who sound funny. if i was into chick who look funny, i'd have never left you. take me back baby!

Cladeedah said...

And if I was into dudes who smelled funny, I'd have never let you go either. Thank goodness you found yourself a nice European girl who doesn't mind smelly guys that don't wear deoderant. (It's SO over!)

Cladeedah said...

Yes Greggy - except now that you've left me, you probably have to share it w/ James. :-)