Wednesday, February 22, 2006

More fun w/ Japanese

So, for once, I wasn't the only person getting laughed at in Japanese class tonight.

The teacher was asking us to say "Please give me ____" in Japanese. She asked us to pretend we were in Starbucks, so we could fill in the blank with our favorite overpriced, oversugared coffee drink. Brian apparently didn't hear her, so when it was his turn, he said (in Japanese), "Please give me your watch." The whole class laughed. I almost got up and yelled at them for being cruel to my poor, deaf husband, but I held back. They had no way of knowing, I guess....

Later, the teacher asked David to say, "Please give me an apple too." Instead, David said (in Japanese), "Please give me more of myself." The whole class laughed and laughed. Even our sweet, demure teacher had to turn away and chuckle.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Brian could've pulled it off if he'd added "and all of your money," and shaped his hand into a little gun.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

haha, i would have asked for more of my self too....