Monday, November 13, 2006

Kitty Jail

Enid has officially crossed the line. While we were away, she crapped repeatedly in every room of the house and peed on 1) our bed, 2) our coffee table (and mail), and 3) our dining table (nearly ruining my brand new Tori Amos collector's box set). I should also reiiterate the fact that we are STILL sitting on Spider-man folding chairs because she peed on both of our couches last month. Nothing is safe from her crazy peeing and pooping rampages. I have begged Brian to let me get rid of her, but being the sweet, gentle, forgiving spirit that he is, he just can't bring himself to allow it.

But something has to be done. I've been looking online, and I think we've found our solution: kitty jail.

Yes... incapacitation seems to be the only solution. My mom says it's mean to keep her in a cage, but I disagree. The cat spends most of her time hiding in my closet or under the bed anyway, so the small space should not be a problem. Besides, she might even like having her own space and her own food and catbox. She hates Moka and always fights with him anyway.

If she were sane enough to be an outside kitty, we would make her one. But she's not. She's crazy and jumpy and afraid of people, so we're fairly certain she'd dart out in front of a car and get run over within seconds of being set free. Also, she's aggressive, HATES children, and obviously has catbox issues, so we're also fairly certain no one else would have her and that she'd end up ultimately getting euthanized.

So we think this is a fair compromise. She'll still be allowed out when we're home. But when we're asleep or away, it's back on kitty house arrest for her.

10 comments:

Shannon said...

I think that's a wise choice. Now you can get nicer couches without all the worry...unless, of course, Moka decides to get you back for lobbing off his penis...

Anonymous said...

How many litter boxes do yo have? We were having pee issues with one of our cats and the vet suggested we set up two boxes. Turns out, they like their own box, they'll decide which box is theirs and guess what? It worked! No more problems there.

I think the kitty jail thing isn't so bad, especially since you'll let her out when you're home.

If it gets too much and you have to let her go, you can contact the BluSkies Small Animal Rescue in Las Vegas. This is where we adopted our babies from. They are a no kill shelter and foster their children until they can be adopted. Google them for more info.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

maybe we should do that for shorty.....

Bradley said...

My god, that cat would be so gone! I don't think I'll ever get another pet again. They are just too much trouble.

Cladeedah said...

qq - we have two cat boxes. We clean them both every night. And every night we gently place her into her own box so she gets to pee in it first. It hasn't worked for her though. Our vet said sometimes they're just nuts.

Anonymous said...

Actually, it's technically against the law to let your cat be an 'outdoor cat'. So you are doing the right thing by putting her in kitty jail. Animal control can pick up your cat if it's roaming and impound it. I had this one cat come into my yard and then fucking hiss at me. I chased it off with a stick. But then I thought, if it comes back, should I call Animal Control? What choice do you really have.

Wish you the best on this one!

Cladeedah said...

UPDATE: We just found out she also peed on the extra carseat we keep for our nephew.

Anonymous said...

so did you ever get the cat jail? if so, you need to post a pic of the cat in the lockup so i can laugh.

Cladeedah said...

So mean....

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I want to see the pu$$y locked up, too....you know how they make me feel...

Vanessa
www.slumberpartiesbyvanessa.com

Sorry...I had to...