Sunday, June 11, 2006

What a coincidence.. I was just about to blog about her impressive nose job!


So Saturday I was super-sick and hanging out at home in my pajamas all day. At about 4:45 pm, Brian calls and asks if I want to meet Ashlee Simpson. Apparently, he knows someone who knows someone. The catch is that the Meet & Greet is from 5-6pm, and I was at least a 30 minute drive from the venue, and still in my pajamas.

So I figure, why the hell not? Yes, I could be made fun of for it perpetually, but, then again, who really cares? At the very least, it'd be an interesting tidbit for the hungry bloggees. And as long as she doesn't sing or do a ho-down-dance, it ain't gonna hurt.

So I scramble to get ready, jump in the car and head for the House of Blues. We pretty much made it just in time. Ashlee was walking out as we were walking in. She stopped to say hello to us (thinking we were radio contest winners) and then her people snapped some photos of us and dragged her away.

I wanted to ask about her new nose (which I must say was quite impressive in-person), but all we really had time to do was make a quick height-quip & get a picture.

She was really, really tiny. I know everyone says that when they meet celebrities, but, really, it was shocking. Like 5'1", 90 lbs. We surrounded her and asked if she felt like she was trapped at the bottom of a well. She smiled and didn't really say anything else, other than, "It was nice meeting you.. yada yada yada."

So yeah, that was my random Saturday celebrity-encounter.

9 comments:

Bradley said...

Don't know how you guys fought of the urge to punch her in the face. I would of at least made some highly offensive remark to her

Cladeedah said...

I thought about it, but I didn't want to screw over the friend that got us in. He was there too and odds are we all would have gotten thrown out together.

yournamehere said...

She looks plastic in the photo. At first I thought you were at that wax museum on the strip.

Shannon said...

Why does Brian look so unnaturally happy in that photo?

I agree with Todd's comment- I thought it was a wax museum.

Anonymous said...

Wow...you look great for being so sick!!!

Cladeedah said...

I love you, Tara. :-) Thanks, it's the makeup. I still think I look pale and have bags under my eyes though.

Anonymous said...

Everyone thinks they look worse than they actually do. I don't see bags or think you look pale!

So are you still sick today?

Cladeedah said...

Yup, still sick as a dawg.

Anonymous said...

I am so....sorry!! I hope you feel better soon!!!