Monday, July 31, 2006

Lonnie Hammargren is on crack (and that's probably why I'll end up voting for him)

I got a VERY interesting piece of junk mail today. It was an audio CD called Songs of Nevada, by Dr. Lonnie Hammargren, aka, "Nevada's Unknown Balladeer." You can listen to it by clicking here. As if his Nevada-themed renditions of "Ring of Fire" and "You are my Sunshine" weren't enough, his accomplishments listed on the back of the mailer, without a doubt, seal the deal. See the whole thing here.

Here were a couple of my favorite accomplishments:

Honorary Consul to Belize

Knighted for charity work five times: Greece, Italy, London, Russia, Malta

Archeoastronomer

Amazon Explorer

Member of Screen Actors Guild - 15 years:

Ronald Reagan was previous President
(WTF??)

Inventor of Karaoke guitar trademark

Video producer – “Las Vegas Live”

Video Producer – Travel logs: “Tahiti” and “New Guinea”


and one that's not on the website but is on the mailer: Astronaut Applicant.

Wow. You get my vote for originality alone, Dr. Hammargren!

13 comments:

Shannon said...

Please don't vote for him because he's crazy. Please. That's so wrong.

Cladeedah said...

I'm voting for him because he's probably the smartest and most interesting person ever to set foot in Nevada.

(Here's a list of his professional degrees:

Professional Degrees

Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Science
Master of Arts
Master of Science
Doctor of Medicine
Board Certified Neurological Surgery )

Granted, he's pro-tort reform to FURTHER protect doctors for medical malpractice, but his goal seems to be to try and get better doctors in NV, which I agree with.

yournamehere said...

I'm glad I can't vote there anymore.

Shannon said...

Here's why I'm not voting for him-

Scene: Lonnie Hammagran yardsale. I just bought a 20$ wooden bar thingy. I walk up to him as he's sitting around doing *nothing* and say "So you're running for Lt. Governor."

He responds, "yeah, go to my website," and doesn't even look at me.

Fuck you, man.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

reason why I am not voting for him, he has manicans in his backyard that look like scenes from Saw.

So not into that.

Shannon said...

Argh! Is this why Dina Titus is gonna lose?

Shawna said...

Oh my god! I'm SO glad I don't live in Nevada. Bob Stupak? That has got to be the lamest song I have ever heard!

Anonymous said...

Umm...he's a Republican. Claudia, are you a registered Republican or something? Why are you getting campaign materials from Republicans?

I'm a registered Democrat. I haven't received much in the way of junk mail yet though. Not even anyone begging for campaign contributions.

Housekeeper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Housekeeper said...

I'm a registered Republican, I did it as an attempt to twart the enemy from within. I use the primary as an opportunity to vote for the most ridiculous person out there in order to give other parties a fighting chance in the general election.

Shannon said...

I'm registered Dem, and getting tons of junk mail for the heated county commissioner race between Myrna Williams and Chris Guigialliananaialani. I'm getting some nasty mail.

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I bet it's because I still need to change my address. I'm still registered in the 89015---Cory Reid territory.

Reids are taking over this town.

Cladeedah said...

I think I'm registered either independant or democrat. The Hammargren ad came for my sister, who was made to register as a republican by my dad, who saw it as a way for him to vote twice.