Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I love TV

So... it's sweeps week/season finale time, and I am happy as a slanted clam. Here is a quick list of the shows I watch and LOVE:

1) America's Next Top Model
2) The Contender
3) Veronica Mars
4) The OC
5) Desperate Housewives

Last night was the best. I got to find out who killed Veronica's best friend on Veronica Mars. It was Logan's dad. The episode was really really exciting though. We found out many important things, including: 1) Veronica didn't have sex with her brother (whew!), 2) Veronica's best friend was a super-slut who was bopping both her boyfriend and his dad, and 3)Logan's dad is a psychopath - but we kinda already knew that. It ended with Veronica getting locked in a refrigeratot and set on fire. Although it was the typical unnecessarily slow and drawn out method of murder found in most thrilling endings (think sharks with lasers), it was a good time. I'm curious to see what will happen next season, since the show's whole mystery premise has been solved. I'm sure the show's producers learned a thing or two from Twin Peaks and will hopefully come up with some new and exciting mystery for next season.

The Contender has been the surprise "love-it" show of the season for me. C'mon, boxing? But it's turned out to be a real hoot. It helps that three of the contestants were from Nevada. But they really couldn't have scripted a better show. Last week Jesse Brinkley (all-American kid from Yerington, NV) was losing the fight 3 rounds to 1, but in the last round he got a knockout and won the whole thing. Now THAT is good television. Also fun was seeing Joey Gilbert (a fellow UNR alum and NV attorney) fight his heart out. Ultimately he got booted, but that's okay. We're voting him back onto the show as we speak. Go here to vote to get Joey back onto the Contender. Anyway, it's good stuff and it's not over, so you should watch.

And last but not least: TOP MODEL!! My money is on Kahlen & Naima top 2. I'm still not sure which one will win. Naima is obviously the better model, but she's been kind of blah lately. Then again, Tyra is no Mark Burnett. I won't let her outsmart me. I'm going to go with reverse psychology and pick Naima to win it.

So, that's all for now about tv. I just had to talk about the shows that are near and dear to my heart right now. Watch my shows, they rock!!

7 comments:

Cladeedah said...

No dude, that show is my dirty little secret. Shhhhhh!

Cladeedah said...

Obviously my snooty-smart friends don't like tv as much as I do. :-(

admin said...

I'm not a big fan of television.

Kat said...

how did you do it, claudia? how did you get the cool pope blog to comment on your blog?!

Cladeedah said...

Did you see the gut on that girl? I must say, the editors do an excellent job of making Keenyah look like a gluttonous pig. Was it me or did Tyra sound like a complete moron when she told Naima that America couldn't relate to her? Hell-o? Can we say "Cover Girl of the week 8 weeks in a row!?" So I guess I don't win the oatmeal cookies. What do I owe who? Double or nothing for Naima to win it all.

Cladeedah said...

Dude, that's awesome. It must be because I'm Catholic. You know us Catholics gotta stick together.

Shawna said...

I must admit I have seen a few episodes of "Top Model" but not of this season and the only other show I have seen that is on your list, is the OC, once or twice. The only show I am able to catch on a regular basis, is old reruns of "Friends" - I think there is something wrong with me! Maybe I have AADD, because I seriously can't sit still long enough to watch T.V!