Thursday, April 20, 2006

Your cats could be dying... or they could be just fine. Let's wait and see.

...Huh?

This was pretty much the advice I got Monday from the vet.

As if getting the damn cats to the vet wasn't stressful enough on it's own.

Brian's cat Enid is a hellion. I had to chase her around the house several times before I could snag her and cram her crazy, flailing, 18 lb. cat ass into the carrier. I was panting and sweating and 15 minutes late for the appointment once all was said and done, but at least I got them both there.

So after that kind of stressful morning, I was not needing the kind of news I got from the vet.

Re: Enid (the white one)
Complaint - She's been having some behavioral issues. Namely, she likes to pee on the couch.
Diagnosis - The doctor said worst case scenario, she has a life-threatening kitty disease that's causing her to act batty. Best case scenario, it's a behavioral problem and we have to put her on kitty prozac. (Unless we like sitting in cat pee).
Prognosis - We're now awaiting test results to find out her fate.

Re: Moka (the black one)
Complaint - One of the pads on his paw was peeled back.
Diagnosis - Worst case scenario, he has a life-threatening kitty disease that's going to make all his pads fall off before killing him. Best case scenario, it's a simple cut.
Prognosis - We're keeping an eye on him for further signs of death.

While I appreciate the doctor's honesty with all of this, I can't help but think that maybe there was a better way for him to express to us that the cats needed further testing and observation, which did not involve making me paranoid that my babies were on the brink of death.

2 comments:

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

what an ass!!! if a vet ever told me that, i would tell him to shove it and find a new vet.

Miss Huang said...

I don't know if you were trying to be funny or not, but this post was really funny. "We're keeping an eye on him for further signs of death."
That made me laugh. out loud.
I hope your kitties are fine though! They're soooo cute!