Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Disgruntled Mutant

I know I'm going to get major crap for saying this, but I don't care. Xmen 3 sucked.

We watched 1 & 2 before heading out to see #3 on Saturday. I had forgotten how awesome those movies were until I saw them again. So great. They gave #3 such a great set-up! All #3 had to do was give us a couple good fight scenes (already built up by the first two), introduce a couple of badass new characters w/ badass new powers, and throw in a couple witty one-liners. That's it! But it couldn't even do that right.

I can list a bunch of things I thought they dropped the ball on, but the one I'm most annoyed with is Mystique. What the hell happens to Mystique?? She was such a substantial part of the series, AND my favorite character. I can't believe they didn't even give her a proper final scene.

1 comment:

Cladeedah said...

Yeah, especially since in the comics, he's the leader of the Xmen!