Monday, May 08, 2006

Necessito ayuda

I need help. So my best friend is getting married in September and even though she doesn't want bridesmaids and all that junk, she still wants me to be part of the ceremony. So I have to think of something to read or something to say or something to do that's going to melt everyone's hearts and make her and her wife-to-be love me more than they already do (as if that were even possible, I know).

It doesn't help that the OTHER best friend who's going to be talking is tiny, cute and Asian. And most likely clever. How am I supposed to compete with tiny, cute, Asian, AND clever, huh?? It also doesn't help that everytime I try and think of some funny story about my best friend, it usually involves some kind of debauchary... not so appropriate for a marriage ceremony, methinks. So yeah, I need help. Anyone got any pointers in this arena??

2 comments:

Cladeedah said...

I'll wear whatever you want me to wear, do my hair the way you want me to do my hair, drive Kelly's best friend whereever you want... just don't make me write my own material!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was in a wedding in California many years ago where the best man read "Oh The Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss. It was so awesome and appropriate and funny and sweet! Just a thought - have fun!