Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Aha!

I love magazines. One of my favorites is Real Simple. I really like a feature they run called New Uses For Everyday Things. They basically take an ordinary object, describe it's typical use, then give you ideas for a totally new, totally innovative "Aha! use" for the same object.

We had a problem recently in our main bathroom. The problem was this: We had tons of magazines but not enough floor space in the bathroom to comfortably house a magazine rack or basket. We searched for a small, wall-mounted rack, but everything we found was either too big for the 2-foot wall-space above the towel bar or too ugly to hang up. Here is how Brian finally solved the problem:


Object: Wine Rack
Original Purpose: Storing wine
Aha! Use: Compact and stylish magazine rack (The pic makes it look coppery, but it's really more like a brushed aluminum)

2 comments:

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

that is an awesome idea!!!!

i love it!!!

I have no room that it! but I love it!!!

Housekeeper said...

Reading materials in the bathroom gross me out.