Monday, August 21, 2006

Pie party, here I come

So my super-amazingly-fun-friend Megan F. holds a pie contest every year in her home in Sacramento. I was there for the first pie contest (I think it was the first one, anyway). And then the second. Every year, it's gotten bigger and bigger. Now it's a huge deal. Everyone comes and there are sooo many pies. Even if you have just a half-bite of each, you still leave with a huge stomach-ache, craving water and bacon (and anything else that might help your system dilute the sugar). But the tasting itself is heavenly, and therefore totally worth the stomach-ache...

So this year's Pie Contest is Sep. 17th. Megan F. suggested I fly up for it, and I accepted her invitation. I'm also going to see my law school buddies Megan S. and Rebecca, who both just got done with their respective world travels.

Back to the Pie Contest though. I need a recipe. One that's going to kick butt at this pie party. I've never even placed before. The closest I've come is being engaged to Brian when his cobbler won in the "That's Not a Pie" category. Megan S. has already thrown down the gauntlet and threatened to annihilate us with something from her Mormon-bred, from-scratch arsenal of recipes. I now turn to you, the citizens of Blogville to see if you can help me rise up and win the Pie Contest.

15 comments:

Housekeeper said...

Lie and go to Marie Calendar's

Cladeedah said...

Good call, HK.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

you pose a question like that to the pampered chef girl? I will find something for you.....

Megan said...

You should be thinking about the Non-Fruit Pie division. Ali and I have already won the Fruit Pie division.

Non-Fuit Pie is good too, though.

yournamehere said...

Claudia,

my chocolate chip-bourbon pie is the best pie on earth. Seriously. For reals. People who hate pie like this pie. I'll email you the recipe. It's easy to make.

I use those Pillsbury roll out pie crusts, but if you want to win a contest, you may want to consider a homemade crust. I'm sure you can find one on the internets.

Shawna said...

Sorry Claudia...wish I could help. The only thing I like is Cheesecake! YUM! But I suck in the kitchen! My son though just made an awesome apple pie from scratch that he wrote down while watching the cooking channel on TV...maybe you should watch more TV?

Sweet Coalminer said...

Remember the pies in Revenge of the Nerds?

Housekeeper said...

SC-Who's picture would be on the bottom?

Housekeeper said...

Can I have Todd's recipe too? I have a bottle of Maker's Mark that I have no idea what to do with.

Shannon said...

I'm a fan of the pecan pie but have never sucessfully made one. I vote for making Todds burbon pie thing. If you have to do a "trial run" pie, I volunteer helping you eat it.

Wait- How are you going to get a pie on a plane?

Cladeedah said...

Cool. Thanks guys. I will definitely test-run the bourbon pie.

Shannon - the pie party is on a Sunday, so I can make it when I get there. They have grocery stores in Sacramento. Or so I've heard.

Shannon said...

"We need to get these motherfucking pies off this motherfucking plane."

Cladeedah said...

You're retarded. :-)

Cladeedah said...

Randi - I may need a demonstration of Pampered Chef's pie-making tools.

Housekeeper said...

Shannon, you totally made my day.