Tuesday, September 19, 2006

No pie for you!

I fretted for weeks about what pie I was going to enter into the pie contest. I even did a test run of Todd's famous buorbon walnut pie, but I f-ed it all up, so it just made me more scared.

It didn't help that Megan F. (creator of Pie Contest) had been preparing her pie for four months, or that she had been saving her filling in the freezer since cherry season. Or that she had a partner. Or that they talked A LOT of trash. So there was definitely an intimidation factor there.

I mulled it over in my head over and over. I went through varying stages - confusion, hope, fear, anger, denial, defiance. In the end, the pressure was too much. I punked out.

Instead of making a pie, my friend Megan S. and I made green enchiladas. In an even more brazen showing of defiance, Megan insisted that one batch be stuffed with bagged spinach. (Damn, I miss me some Megan.) In the end, we placed 2nd in the "That's Not a Pie!" category. Not too shabby.

The real reward though was the trip up there. It was fabulous to see my amazing law school girlfriends again. They are so cool & fun & amazing. And downtown Sacramento is hands-down the cutest place on earth. Oh, and a sweet girl I met up there showed me her nipples. And even let me take pictures! Oh what a weekend, indeed!

5 comments:

Bradley said...

oh. that pie you made, was like 10 times better after it cooled off in the fridge. It just was funky while hot.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

do we get to see pics of nips?

Cladeedah said...

The pics are on a disposable camera, which I have yet to take to a photomat. I hope they let me get them developed.

Megan said...

NO! No pictures of nips. She doesn't want pictures of her on the internets like that. My friend doesn't.

yournamehere said...

If I was still in Vegas, I would have made the pie for you and wrapped it up so you could put it in your luggage (checked, not carry-on, obviously). Congrats on the enchiladas, though.