Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ugly Mug

So the other day, a "friend" of mine (who shall remain nameless... COUGH COUGH Kelly) starts telling me a story. She starts it like this:

"When I first met you, I thought you were ugly, but then BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH."

So you can pretty much tell where I stopped listening.

"Are you drunk?" I asked. "No," she said.

She wondered why I was so aghast at what she'd just said. She insisted that the point of her story was to give me a compliment, but I don't know... it's hard to get past the idea that someone actually thinks you're ugly. Not just okay, or so-so, or mildy attractive. The polar opposite. Ugly. Hideous. Repulsive.

So now I have a complex. Which I honestly, truly never had before. So yeah. People think I'm ugly. That's crazy. How could I not have known something like this? I am so humbled.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

claudia, i have never regretted a comment more than this one. what i meant to communicate-which is that you are beautiful and i was foolish for ever thinking anything else-is obviously not what came across to you and i feel awful about it. especially because i have given you a complex-and an untrue one at that. The objective truth is that you are a rare beauty.

Miss Huang said...

Me and my parents never thought you were ugly... My mom always said you were such a beautiful girl. She also was shocked that you were dating a white boy. Does that give you some sort of complex too? You can't hate her, she always liked you the best of all my friends back then...Also, just remember, she's Ukrainian, therefore she can't be considered racist... ;-)
love your beautiful face!
- Yasmien

Cladeedah said...

Not fishing for compliments, I swear. Just shocked to find out some people think I'm ugly, is all. I mean, I know I'm weird-looking, but ugly? I never even considered it.

yournamehere said...

I always though you were hot.

Miss Huang said...

Awww...Brian's so sweet! Remember how he sang to you and played his piano at your wedding? I do!! how sweeeeet!!!!

Housekeeper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Housekeeper said...

It could have been worse, she could have said "Before I THOUGHT you were ugly, and now I KNOW you are." or "Before I thought you were ugly, and now I think about you while masterbating" or "Before I thought you were ugly, and now I just think you are stupid"...stupid is way worse then ugly.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it was Kelly? Because it really sounds like something I would say. And something I would also be confused about when you got mad.
Not that I used to think you were ugly. I used to think you were scary, but then BLAH BLAH BLAH...