Sunday, June 08, 2008

Summer movies

I've been seeing an assload of movies lately. Thursday we saw an advance screening of You Don't Mess with the Zohan. It was super silly, but very funny. I enjoyed it. Don't go in with high expectations and you will be amused. Final grade: B.

Friday we went and saw Kung Fu Panda. That was also pretty good... not that I'm into cartoons or anything, I'm just saying... classic underdog tales are just good, that's all. Final grade: B+.

Last weekend I saw Sex and the City. I really enjoyed it. It was total female fantasy fulfillment. All the women had great careers, great homes, great clothes, great friends, and an endless supply of money. So it was a lot of fun. Like Iron Man was for the boys. I also really enjoyed it because it felt like hanging out with old friends. I totally have an emotional connection to those characters. Anyway, you'll love this movie, as long as you're a chick. Final grade: A-.

Tomorrow we're seeing an advance screening of the new Hulk. I'll report back on how Ed Norton does. I expect he'll be fabulous though. Is it me, or is he always typecast as the Jekyl/Mr. Hyde guy?

3 comments:

Allison and the Angry Inch said...

Hm, interesting about Ed Norton being typecast. I can think of three other movies (besides Hulk) in which Ed Norton is cast as the Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde guy:

1) Primal Fear
2) American History X (kind of)
3) Fight Club

Can you think of any others?

Cladeedah said...

Yeah, those were the ones I was thinking.

Cladeedah said...

Oh, and the Illusionist was about things not being what they seemed. so that's arguably like Jekyl & Hyde.