Monday, May 14, 2007

Defeated

I am so incredibly exhausted. This weekend was crazy.

Friday night a big group of us went out for Alexis' 30th birthday. We started at the Hofbrauhaus then went over to the Beatles bar, Revolution, at the Mirage. $1300$1700 later (spent on tableside bottleservice), there was almost a fist-fight in our group, one of our friends disappeared until 8:30 the next morning, and our 400 lb. friend Brad was absolutely wasted. The only one half-sober enough to manage the situation was Shannon, who weighs about a quarter of what Brad weighs. Kudos to Shannon for somehow getting him into her car.
Saturday, I had promised my three nephews I'd take them to this kid's festival thing, so I dragged my ass out of bed after four hours of sleep to go see Spongebob and Spiderman in person. It was grotesquely hot and the boys were wild. On the bright side, this is the best birth control EVER.

I got to collapse for about an hour before going back out Saturday night for some more birthday festivities. This time it was a "surprise" birthday dinner followed by karaoke for my friend the Housekeeper. More drinking into the wee hours of the night. No fights or missing persons this time, but I did do a horrific rendition of Sublime's Santeria, for which I should be severely punished. God awful. Here's me and the Housekeeper doing our terrible duet, censored with a picture of my cat. Inside joke.

Sunday was Mother's Day. We started out nice and early (after 5 hours sleep) with a nice brunch at Roy's, followed by a visit to the Titanic exhibit with Brian's mom and two of my nephews. The baby was one of them that we took, which made for a super-exhausting time at the museum.

Later we met up w/ the Housekeeper, who shared her sweet hook-ups with us so that we could all go see Spamalot. I liked it a lot. Thought it was really cute. Brian, a Monty Python purist, had some OCD issues with it not being just like the movie. ((shrug)) I don't know. I've never been a huge fan of the movie, but I love musicals, and thought this one was really cool. Sidenote: I guess Alice Cooper was sitting behind us, but I didn't notice.

Today I think I got my punishment for that horrible karaoke song. I had two dentist appointments - one for my latest stubborn bastard of a tooth problem, and the other for a follow-up on my tooth implant. Both were devastatingly traumatic. I think I have an official fear of dentists, starting today.

We were supposed to have a make-up Mother's Day dinner tonight with Brian's stepmom, but I just can't do anymore. I'm going to go veg out in front of the TV for the rest of the night. I just can't take anymore fun.

8 comments:

Shawna said...

What!? Crazy! Tell me more! Who didn't come home til 8 in the morning! And how MUCH Alcohol did Brad need to drink to get him THAT inebriated!

Shannon said...

Wow, thanks for the Kudos. Did you mean physically fit Brad into my car or coerce him into my car? He was pretty tame and willing to leave.

I spent the rest of the weekend doing nothing to compensate for that night out.

Shawna, I wouldn't be surprised if Brad had drunk almost a bottle of Vodka. The Vodka was a-flowin'.

Cladeedah said...

Nat & Vanessa were the ones on the brink of a fist-fight and Vanessa disappeared thereafter until the next morning.

Shawna said...

sounds like a night to remember. you had a busy weekend! I wuldn't of been able to handle it all!

Sweet Coalminer said...

I can't believe it took you this long to become afraid of dentists.

Jen said...

Wow, Spiderman works out. Meee-yow.

Allison and the Angry Inch said...

Oh my god, is that baby Andrew? And oh my god, is that a faux hawk?

Cladeedah said...

Yes, baby Andrew is the biggest one-year-old ever. He is going to be 2 in about a week though. And it's not a faux-hawk. It's a somewhat grown-out real mohawk.