Sunday, July 10, 2005

Girlz nite out

Friday night the boyz had planned to have another one of their little "barbecues," so Kat and Shannon and I decided to have another girlz nite out. We had a nice dinner at Paymon's Mediterranean Cafe. That place rocks. The food is excellent.

Afterword we moseyed on over to the Hookah Lounge next door to have drinks and smoke the hookah. For those who haven't done it, you should give it a try. It's pretty interesting. This is coming from someone who has never smoked cigarettes and thinks smoking is generally nasty. That said, the hooka rocks. It's a mediteranean tradition.. used in business and social settings. Men can smoke the hooka with other men, and women with women, but apparently, if your'e married, you can't do it with anyone of the opposite sex other than your spouse. The web site can tell you more than I can about the tradition and the history. All I know is it's interesting and fun. This time we got peach.

Here are some snapshots of us and the Hooka: Here's Kat sucking the hooka.... and me about to suck the hooka w/ my eyes closed... and Shannon blowing out hooka smoke like Terry Schiavo. Awe, that's messed up! Mimicking the sick/dead ain't right Shannon! That's ok.. God punished her later by making her choke on her smoke. (Sorry Shannon, I just couldn't resist!) All in all a nice little night.

Saturday I slept for like 15 hours. It's the damn kitty magic, I'm telling you..

2 comments:

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

looked like you guys had fun!!!! Saturday I slept forever also, and i never sleep in....but after my week last week, it was well worth it....

Sweet Coalminer said...

Dude, I was trying to figure out what you were talking about - maybe smoke a hooker? As in, like, homicide?

Good thing you have added pictures.