Sunday, August 21, 2005

Movie Review: The 40-Year-Old-Virgin

I LOVE LOVE LOVED this movie! It had me laughing out loud the whole way through. It's definitely one of those quote-worthy movies. The jokes were all very clever, and the delivery by the actors was excellent. I was also excited to see Catherine Keener, of Being John Malkovich fame, back in action. She was adorable in it. I'm officially adding her to my "girls I'd go gay for" list.

I might just be partial to the movie b/c the main character had a lot in common w/ Brian.. like collecting toys in their boxes.. customizing his own action firgures.. playing video-games... not having a driver's license (Brian didn't get one until he was 21).. being a virgin... OH WAIT, forget that last one. Nevermind about that. The point is, the main character was cute.. and hilarious... like Brian. ;-)

Brian thought the movie ran too long (at about 2 hours), but I disagree. Yeah, they could have wrapped up the story in an hour and a half, like all those other short comedies do, but I liked the extra time they spent developing the characters. By the end of the movie, they were all really likeable, and all had that everyday-Joe kind of charm, like the guys in Old School. Plus, c'mon, it was CONSTANT LAUGHS! I definitely felt like I got my $9.50's worth, even just for that extra half hour of constantly laughing my ass off.

Finay say: "A." Worth the evening admission. Plan to buy the DVD. Keep it next to your copy of Napoleon Dynamite. :-)

5 comments:

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

in my collection you will be able to find it between napolean and anchor man...haha

Kat said...

ooh i like her.

Cladeedah said...

I haven't seen either, but I'll add them to my Netflix. All I know is that CK and her husband Dermot Mulroney were best friends with Brad and Jen, and now they're getting divorced too.

Anonymous said...

We saw this movie this weekend and it was totally worth the admission... it was soooo hilarious... We were dying the whole time...

Anonymous said...

Hey, the whole Bollywood ending rocked.