Monday, August 08, 2005

Pretty good weekend

Friday night we had such big plans. Brian and I were going to go out to a nice restaurant to celebrate our eighth anniversary and then stop by First Friday. Things didn't quite pan out that way though. Instead, we got home from work and passed out. We woke up at 9:30pm, decided we were too tired to go out and stayed in and watched a DVD. Old and lame, I know.

Saturday Brian went to Mesquite, NV for an Ad Club Board retreat. I spent the day catching up on sleep and Tivo'd shows. That night, I met up w/ Shannon and some friends of hers from work for Korean-karaoke at Club Ya Mang. After a little bit of soju, I did my rendition of Eminem's Lose Yourself and then headed off to my next destination..

After karaoke, I met up with Nat, Nalani and Hilary for some Rocky Horror Picture Show action. Here are some pics of that... First there's Nat and Nalani..



There's also one of Hil and me, but I have a double chin in the photo, so ya'll don't get to see it. Instead, here are some pretty funny kids that were there..



It was a good time, except for, as usual, all the drunken teenagers made me feel old.

Sunday my darling Brian came back to me. We finally got around to celebrating our anniversary by going to Shibuya at the MGM Grand. It was super nice. I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a classy night out. (We really enjoyed the shrimp tempura with spicy aioli, the tuna tar tar w/ spicy caviar and tobiko, and the yellowtail.)

That's about it.. pretty good weekend.

5 comments:

Housekeeper said...

its late...you should be sleeping.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Anniversary guys!

It's been a long, long time - and quite a ride. (no not that kind of ride - sickos)

What an amazing journey over these past 10 years.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

i am glad someone had a good weekend....

Shannon said...

The Karaoke really picked up after "Lose yourself" and another couple bottles of soju.

I also really like Shibuya.

Kat said...

damn. i always miss the good stuff.