Friday, March 10, 2006

CRAZY DAY

I am so stressed. We got the email early this morning giving us our audition appointment in Dallas next Saturday for the World Series of Pop Culture Trivia. So I've been online and on the phone trying to work out travel details all morning. We actually have to compete against other teams at the audition, so I have only one week to cram as much pop culture trivia into my brain as possible. Eek!

It doesn't help the we're driving to LA tonight and spending the whole weekend on family stuff. My cousin's quincenera (15th birthday shindig) is tomorrow and then Sunday is my nephew Tony's 6th birthday, so we're taking him to Disneyland. It's crazy stressful/unorganized.

It also isn't helpful that my friend's birthday is Tuesday and that my Japanese midterm is Wednesday.

Fudge.

I just remembered that the 2006 AirHockey Championships are in 2 weeks. I really want to go, but I haven't practiced at all, and it looks like I don't really have time to at this point. :-(

8 comments:

Paul said...

Good luck with your audition!

Shannon said...

Whoa! Your audition is in 1 week?! Forget the Japanese midterm, it's time to focus on getting that 15 minutes of fame...

sugafree9 said...

Claudia, you have no need to fear. I'm on the team, remember?

Here's some practice for ya.

sugafree9 said...

http://www.gippers.com/ntn.html

qqflyboy said...

As far as air hockey goes, if you still have that signature move down you pulled on all of us in college, I don't think you need to worry about practicing. That move is deadly, nearly every time. Not to inflate your head or anything...

Anonymous said...

holy smokes. can you buy trivial pursuit, throw away the board and just study the cards? maybe you can take the bus so you can read the cards on the way to work instead of drive. maybe you should just take this week off. then again, you're pretty savvy on the going ons of pop, so if one of you don't know it by now you'll probably never learn it. good luck!

Cladeedah said...

Thanks for all the positive reinforcement guys. I just tried finding trivial pursuit pop culture edition and failed. I also tried finding books, but Borders was closed and Barnes & Noble's selection sucked. :-(

Sweet Coalminer said...

You don't need any books. You're so going to be famous!

Can't you cram a visit in to your trip? It sounds like you're not very busy...