Thursday, March 09, 2006

Is this like some kind of weird RPG?

What a strange night. Tonight, a random group of us went to this fancy lawyer fundraiser at the Bellagio to schmooze with Senator Richard Bryan and to see this guy dressed like John Adams talk about the powers of the president. What a bunch of friggin' nerds. For some reason, I couldn't stop giggling the whole time we were there.

I think it was because we were totally blatantly crashing this very dignified event. Vanessa wanted to ask John Adams whether he thought Britney Spears and Kevin Federline would withstand the test of time. Shannon wanted to ask why he was against freedom. I was so relieved that neither actually did.

Anyway, here's us with Adams:

We actually met a pretty nice young attorney there named Rebecca. She was oddly accepting of us and our juvenile behavior. After the lecture, we wandered around the convention center looking for other events to crash.

Here's us outside a uniform convention with a Star Wars theme....


They told us we couldn't go inside though, which sucked. And just made Vanessa want to go in even more. Thank goodness we were able to drag her out before she could get us 86'd.

Afterword we all had a nice meal at Peymon's Mediterranean Cafe. I think we're going to try and recruit that Rebecca girl into our cult. Err... I mean group.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

What do you mean you were so releaved that we didn't ask those questions? Whatevah.

Shannon said...

By releaved I meant relieved.

Shannon said...

What the hell is eating Brian's face???

Cladeedah said...

Yeah, I gotta go back and fix that. That's the red-eye reducer tool in iPhoto going too far again.

yournamehere said...

I want to be in the cult. I like Kool-Aid.