Saturday, March 25, 2006

Free Money

I just noticed that the bastards at Wendy's didn't give me back my $15 change the other day, which means I paid $20.37 for a Spicy Crispy Chicken Combo.

I also just noticed that my credit card company helped itself to an extra $100 of my money this month, by forgetting to credit me a $100 rewards certificate they said they would give me if I booked a plane fare on that card. The guy on the phone was like, "Woops, sorry. We'll get right on that!"

Then today I got a bill from Cox Cable telling me I hadn't paid last month's cable. I thought that I had, so I went back and checked the online bill pay records. It turns out that I inadvertantly paid the wrong biller. Comcast Cable in Sacramento happily took my $42 on an account that has been closed for two years. So I've been on the phone with them for like an hour seeing if they'd be so kind as to give me my money back.

Today's very expensive lesson: keep better tabs on my money.

3 comments:

Bradley said...

claudia, i'm always available to take good care of any excess cash you seem to be giving away.

sugafree9 said...

Even $20.37 is cheap! Cheap at twice the price...for such elegant dining. Sometimes we have to make these sacrifices for the better things in life.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

good thing your a lawyer and not an acct!