Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Naughty church ladies..

So there's this church lady who's in charge of making my wedding day either a giant pain in the butt or easy as pie. So far she's been sweet as candy. Yeah, the church has a bunch of hoops we have to jump through plus $775 in costs, but so far we've managed.

Well, yesterday, the church lady called me about a "personal matter." Apparently her boyfriend got a code enforcement warning about some structures he didn't have the proper permits for. Well, knowing I work for the municipality that warned him, she asked me to "do what I can" to look into it for her. She was really upset about the whole thing, and she's always been really sweet to me, so I told her I'd talk to the guy who issued the warning and find out how she could resolve the matter.

Well, then we get to talking about what I still need to do at this point for the wedding. We still have one more payment for $175 for the church and $175 for the cantor/organist. Great, thanks, fine, bye.

But then she calls me back a few minutes later and tells me she "couldn't talk before" but that now she'll waive the final payment of $175, since I'm "taking care of this" for her. What? Huh?

So yeah, obviously I'm going to pay the money anyway, but now I'm in a total pinch b/c I don't want to piss her off or insult her by paying the money anyway and not being able to "take care of it" for her. She could make my wedding day hell!!

I'm going to see if I can grease the wheels of progress for her on her problem, but I'm certainly not going to do anything out of the ordinary. And, like I said, I'm paying anyway. So here's to hoping she doesn't screw me.. naughty church lady.

7 comments:

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

what a bitch! is that a sin? hehe

Housekeeper said...

Dude...get used to it...you work in a government agency in LAS VEGAS, that how shit works...actually, I'm surprised you have been in this situation before.

Cladeedah said...

I have, just not w/ a sweet, old, church lady w/ the ability to single-handedly ruin my wedding day!!

sugafree9 said...

Shoot her and take her food.

Kat said...

i'd tell the priest. catholics should know better. that's a mortal sin because it was premeditated.

Shannon said...

Tell the priest? Catholics should know better? Whoa. I really don't have that much faith in the Church.

Hey, when are you gonna blog about Top Model? I, uh, caught the repeat on Tuesday and tonight's episode...and realized that Kim looks like an exboyfriend of mine...

Mark A. said...

Beware sweet old church ladies. They'll never forget to say "Peace be with you" after they've slandered your name with gossip and guilt-tripped you into indentured servitude.