Monday, January 09, 2006

My "O" Face

Friday night, Brad, Vanessa, Shannon, David, James, Marie, Marie's man, Jesse, Brian and me went to First Friday. We ran into a bunch of people there, including one of my victims from work (a girl who was almost kidnapped, but she fought the guy off), the student body president/homecoming king of my high school, and this woodcarver who mistook me for Rebecca Lobo (I played it up the whole time - I'll post the full story on the tall blog later). As always, First Friday was a good time.

Saturday night, Brian & his family and me went to see Cirque Du Soleil: "O" at the Belllagio. Brian and I had given his family tickets to the show for Christmas, which ended up being a really good idea, since everyone loved the show and got to spend time together. The show was pretty darn cool. I'd say it's my second favorite Cirque show now, after Ka. Watching it made me hate Le Reve even more. I can't believe what a rip-off La Reve was of this show!

So now we've seen 4 of the 12 Cirque shows (Mystere, Ka, O, & Dralion - Le Reve doesn't count cuz it's techincally not a Cirque show). For Valentine's Day, we'll probably see Zumanity.

5 comments:

Cladeedah said...

I know, I fully expect for it to suck, but it's a Cirque show so it can't be all THAT bad, plus my boss said it makes you horny, which'll be good for Valentine's Day. Wait a sec, is it weird that my boss says crap like that to me??

Shannon said...

I've also heard horrible things about Zumanity. I've only seen Mystere and KA but I'm dying to see "O." Maybe I'll get lucky and a student will hook me up...

qqflyboy said...

Claudia, I'd be surprised if you walked away from Zumanity saying it sucked. WE LOVED IT! It's definately a show with no in between... you love it or hate it, but I really think you'll love it. Allison, are you a member of the Christian Coalition? No offense, but those are the only type I've met who haven't liked it. The show is very funny and incredibly sexy at the same time. Fuck is all you have on your mind when you leave, unless you subscribe to the breeder theory. I fully expect you'll enjoy it. Beth and I saw it with Dytz and Rene and had a great time, probably about a year and a half ago.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

thats cool....i have absolutly no want to see any of them since i was freaked out when i was younger when i say the orginal cirque du sol show. but i live vicarioulsy thru you...hehe

Shannon said...

I was a little freaked out that time in during class when the entire male cast of mystere walked past in red speedos.

(Um, Sergei, nice to see you again)

I wouldn't mind seeing that again, however.