Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Typhoid Cladeedah

The last two weeks, a bunch of people have been coming in to work sick. One day, we had 4 sick people all at once coughing and hacking and sniffling and snotting up their germs everywhere. I did not hesitate to give them crap about coming in. When they denied they were contagious or that they would get anyone else sick, I sent them each a link to this Wikipedia article about Typhoid Mary.

Basically, Typhoid Mary was this lady who was a dormant carrier of the Typhoid Fever virus. She refused to quit her job as a cook because she was in denial. She used fake names and got hired over and over again, infecting people every bit of the way. She infected 47 people, 3 of whom died. Ultimately, she died alone in forced quarantine. Yeah, sad story. Except for that the stubborn broad wouldn't have had to die alone if she'd just stayed home from work or become a telemarketer or something.

So now thanks to all the Typhoid Marys at work, I'm now sick as a dog. I have 3 huge trials tomorrow that I HAVE TO do. We're already one attorney down this week, and I can't continue these cases anymore. So it looks like I'm pulling a reverse Typhoid Mary on all those bastards that got me sick. Sorry guys, I ain't proud, but you did bring it upon yourselves.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm a typhoid mary.

Cladeedah said...

Yeah, but I don't think she did it out of vengeance. ;-)