Sunday, January 28, 2007

State of the Cladeedah

Yeah yeah, I know all the pretentious bloggers out there talk trash about these kinds of posts, but so what. If you haven't noticed, this blog is not general interest. It's about me. So State of the Cladeedah posts are part of the deal. This one's for Allison, who complains that I don't blog enough.

Last Tuesday we met with our financial planner. It was the meeting where we told him how we spend our money. He laughed at us. I think it was somewhere between the $100 a month for action figures and the $5,000 we spent last year on the cat's medical bills when he finally lost it. I'm not mad. I know we are bad. It was just embarassing to have to say it out loud.

Thursday I went to a funeral. I hate funerals. It was my boss'. He had cancer. Not a whole lot to say about it.

Friday we went out and saw Babel. We took my 12-year-old nephew. As a joke, when we bought the tickets, we asked for 3 tickets for "Babar." You know, the elephant cartoon? The ticket guys looked at my nephew and asked whether I knew that it was rated R. We said yes, got the tickets and went in. Holy crap, they weren't messing around with that R-rating though, were they? The movie was alright. I don't think it's the best picture of 2006. Not as good as others I've seen, for sure. But decent.

Saturday I got my hair dyed again. It's pretty red right now. Hopefully it will fade a little bit.

The rest of the weekend we just spent with family. Oh, and I finally saw Snakes on a Plane today. It was easily the worst movie I've ever seen. It had no creative merit at all whatsoever. You could probably guess that. But just in case you had any doubts.

3 comments:

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

i put snakes on a plane on our netflix i want to see it just because of samuel

matt said that the whole thing behind the movie was the advertising they did. he thinks it was ingenious what they did with the phone calls to get people to watch it.

me, i just wanted to play in netflix a little :)

Shannon said...

Is Snakes on a Plane worse than Glitter?

So whaddidthe Financial planner guy say about the action figures?

Cladeedah said...

Randi - Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you!

Allison - The hair is red/brown (more red than brown) with dark brown lowlights. It's subtle in that it's all still dark, but not subtle in that there is nothing natural about it. I will attempt to capture it on film sometime this week.

Shannon - Hmmm... Glitter has faded in my memory, so I can't say. I'll say S.O.A.P. is the worst movie I can remember. Our meetings with the financial planner have been broken up into one-hour blocks. Last week was information gathering. I think tomorrow is when they start giving advice. Brad is real curious too, so I'll fo-show let you guys know how it goes. We have a 90-day opt-out, so if it becomes apparent that it's not worth it, we'll ask for our money back. We have high hopes for it though.