Monday, January 15, 2007

The Good Shepherd

We went to see The Good Shepherd on Saturday. I didn't like it. In part, I wasn't prepared for a three-hour movie. But I also think that if you're going to keep me in a movie theatre for three hours, there better be a damn good reason, and this movie just didn't justify that type of time commitment. I thought Angelina Jolie was terribly miscast. The story wasn't tight enough. The pacing was waaaaaaay too slow. There were too many simultaneous plotlines. And too many unnecessary characters that felt like Robert DeNiro was just trying to fit all of his friends into the film (including himself). The worst part was that there was no payoff for all of your attentiveness. I read a review afterward that said this movie left you wanting to see a better spy movie. That's exactly how I felt about it. Luckily, the trailers previewed two new spy movies coming out soon. Maybe one of them will be better.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I agree! i hated that movie, especially since I was not prepared for a 3 hour flick! I'm not a huge movie goer, but I usually like MOST movies as long as they're somewhat entertaining. If i weren't with someone when I watched it...I would have walked out!

Shannon said...

What a shame. Thanks for the heads up.