Monday, June 06, 2005

100 things about me

Stolen from Kat, Shawna and Randi. Here goes...

1. My hair is naturally curly.
2. I'm 6'5".
3. I don't play basketball.
4. I was on my high school Varsity Volleyball team for like 5 seconds.
5. First and only time I was admitted to a hospital was for heart surgery.
6. I watched my godson's birth.
7. My favorite singer is Tori Amos.
8. If I had a favorite band, it would probably be the Violent Femmes.
9. I'm the baby of the family.
10. My great-grandpa, dad, brother and oldest nephew are all named Jesse.
11. I'm a serial monogamist.
12. I got RPC'd (required parent conference) in high school for drawing dead body outlines all over my school with chalk.
13. My favorite dead body outline was the man with his dog.
14. I was voted "most unique" in my high school yearbook.
15. I stalked a boy in junior high. It was bad. Real bad.
16. I'm afraid to fly.
17. I'm afraid to drive.
18. I'm nightblind.
19. About a quarter of my tongue has been permanently numb since I got my wisdsom teeth out.
20. I grind my teeth at night.
21. I always thought I'd be a writer.
22. My favorite number is 22.
23. I'm late for everything.
24. I hate being late.
25. I cry too much.
26. I'm trying not to be so negative.
27. I pray.
28. I dated a transvestite for two years.
29. I collect stuffed animal giraffes.
30. I collect Barbies.
31. I've seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show probably about 200 times.
32. I can listen to a song I really like over and over and over again without getting tired of hearing it.
33. I am a cat person.
34. I can take photos with an old school manual camera.
35. I've competed in a few airhockey tournaments.
36. My middle name is Elizabeth.
37. My brother died when he was 18, two weeks before my 16th birthday.
38. I don't look anything like my sister.
39. I'm half Spanish, half Mexican.
40. I learned to read when I was 4, in Spanish.
41. I got glasses in the third grade.
42. I got bad grades until I got glasses.
43. I got contacts in 9th grade.
44. I salivate more than most people.
45. I subscribe to Star, Us Weekly, Real Simple, Health, Wired, Mac Home Journal, Newseek, Modern Bride.. maybe more, I can't keep track.
46. I wasn't planning on becoming a lawyer when I went to law school.
47. I was born in East Los Angeles.
48. I think I'm going to die in a car accident.
49. I don't like my body.
50. I have a black cat named Moka and a white cat named Enid.
51. I try not to think or act like I'm better than anyone else.
52. I liked living alone.
53. I used to work as a tv news photographer.
54. I've never been in a "real" fight (except with my sister).
55. I aspire to be neat and organized.
56. I got a tshirt made that says "I'm a mess."
57. I love hematite.
58. My favorite color right now is orange.
59. Ordinarily it's red.
60. I can't go to bed before 11pm.
61. I sleep about 6 hours a night.
62. I've cheated on boyfriends.
63. I've been cheated on by boyfriends.
64. I drink too much Diet soda (Coke and Pepsi).
65. I love sushi.
66. My favorite pies are banana cream, coconut creme, and lemon meringue
67. My first concert was Gerardo, as in, Rico Suave.
68. I was president of the art club in high school.
69. I will never get a tattoo.
70. I never smoked pot until I went to Amsterdam.
71. I kissed a boy for the first time when I was 5.
72. I'm trying not to be as stubborn as I know I am.
73. I want to learn to play bass guitar.
74. I love movies and tv.
75. I love seafood.
76. I love the feeling of water evaporating from my skin in the warm summer sun.
77. I cried when I read a Tale of Two Cities.
78. I believe that Ouija boards are for real.
79. I have a scar between my eyes that I lie and say is from an airhockey puck.
80. My favorite part of my body is my nose.
81. I have my dad's nose and fingernails.
82. I've been in two car accidents.
83. One was my fault, one was not.
84. I like roadtrips.
85. I've been to these countries outside the U.S.: Mexico, Canada, England, France, and the Netherlands.
86. I've had crushes on girls, but I'm not gay.
87. I treasure loyalty in my friends and family.
88. I'm Catholic.
89. I don't follow all of the teachings of the Catholic church.
90. I love opals.
91. I've been afraid of dogs since the 5th grade.
92. Love love love cilantro.
93. My Cabbage Patch Doll's name was "Gigi."
94. Tori Amos was the first celebrity I ever met.
95. I met Tori Amos twice.
96. No matter how bad it gets, I'm always thankful for what I have.
97. All three of the cars I've owned have been hand-me-downs.
98. I love makeup, jewelry and underwear shopping.
99. I hate clothes and shoe shopping.
100. I think my fiance is way too good for me.

6 comments:

Kat said...

nice job claudia. hey, i love hematite too.

Shannon said...

Love the list. Did I ever tell you I had a crush on #15's brother when I was a Jr in High School?

Also, I almost put that orange was my favorite color (it is) on my list, but I'd already reached 102 things.

That was a cheap blog-plug, I know.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

what is hematite?

Cladeedah said...

I updated the post with a link for hematite. That should help explain. It's basically a really pretty mineral. When polished it's this beautiful dark metallic grey. Like the new metallic dark gray color that's really trendy for cars lately.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

AAAAHHHH i see now....YOU HAVE SHOWN ME THE LIGHT ::waving hands in the air in wave fashion::

Anonymous said...

love #79...hehehe