Monday, June 06, 2005

My weekend in three parts - Friday

Disclaimer: Hung out with bloggers this weekend, so much of this has already been blogged about elsewhere in blogland. I got the photos though, so it's worth going over one more time. :-)

Friday I went to First Friday with Brian, Shannon and Kat. The night was a little surreal.

Shannon and I played pole-dancers on the glow-in-the-dark float. Kat didn't quite get into the evening until she got a much anticipated phone call. Then we met a guy who insisted he was John Kay, the lead singer of Steppenwolf, but really he wasn't. Quick discussion question: Who would lie about something like that?? Ok, granted, I've signed autographs as Rebecca Lobo before, but that's just because I didn't want to break the little kid's hearts when they thought I was her! Moving on..

Later, I saw a 6'8" guy who I think I used to date. It bugged me all night trying to remember. I found out the next day from Greg that in fact we had gone out a few times. I had met him way back when at Cafe Copioh and stopped seeing him because he was weird. He ended up dating a girl who was 4'11" after me, which made me bitter. I love having friends that pay attention. Anywayz..

Then we went over to the Fireside Lounge at the pimp-ass Peppermill. We thought it was just a regular old lounge until we looked around and noticed that everyone around us was making out. Everyone!! That made Brian and me hot, so we made out too! ;-) Ok, not really, we were just making fun. So anyway, that was Friday..

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You couldn't make this shit up...

Kat said...

beautiful, claudia. LOVE it. weir dhow right after i posted pics i came over and saw those. everyone's minds are in agreement today.

Shannon said...

I dunno. Maybe it was John Kay.
Friday was a blast. One question: Why didn't you cut me out of that one making out pic? :(

#104 I'm not photogenic whatsoever!

Cladeedah said...

I was trying to show the people making out behind you guys. Sorry, next time I'll make sure to cut you out. ;-) You could maybe smile bigger - that might help??

Cladeedah said...

There's no way man. John Kay has long straight thinner hair and is totally on tour right now. Not that I know anything about it...

Kat said...

*snicker*

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

i remember cafe copioh...we used to hang out there when i was in high school...a lot of goth people there...im sorry i missed first friday! i wanted to go this time too!!! maybe next time....

Jen said...

Fabulous. Absolutely fabulous.