Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Wins and Losses

Today's wins:
-Won 3 out of 3 trials today.
-It looks a lot cooler outside than usual.
-Found the video I have to return to Allison.
-All vital organs still functioning normally.

Today's losses:
-Fingering a stripper against her will is apparently only worth a $1000 fine and a stern "Don't do that again!" in my town.
-Haven't seen daylight since 7am.
-And worst of all... my beautiful lover Brian is gone until Sunday for a conference. :-( Boo hoo....

It's getting very difficult to stay positive today.

4 comments:

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

the fingering thing was a bit disturbing....can you shed details?

Cladeedah said...

Ally - Well, I just figured out how to make an electronic copy for the internet. Sorry it took me so long to return your copy. :-P

Randi - In one of my trials yesterday, a drunk guy stuck his finger into a stripper's vagina, about one knuckle in while she was dancing on stage. She was horrified. Even though *techinally* it was a sexual battery, the officers didn't investigate it like a sexual assault and the DA's rejected it, leaving us at the City with the case. The most we could charge was a misdemeanor battery. I was asking for jail, but the judge decided that it was only worth a $1,000 fine. Had it been charged as a felony, the minimum penalty is 15 years prison. I guess I just didn't agree with the distinction between molesting a stripper and molesting any other woman.

Kat said...

why was her cookie within arm's reach? hmm? tell me that! and where was the bouncer?

Cladeedah said...

It wasn't really. She was on stage, bent over. He took the opportunity to reach past the tip bar and poke her in the taco. And not just in the outer part - IN the taco!! Bouncers didn't see what happened - just got the complaint from her and bounced the guys out. The guys ended up in a big bar brawl with the bouncers and the police after that.