Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Reception Update

This wedding thing is rolling right along. It's been 1.5 years since we got engaged, and we've now FINALLY 1) booked the church, AND 2) booked the reception site!! Two tasks down, a thousand left to go! Woo hoo! Ok, c'mon, anyone who knows how bad of slackers we are has to throw us a bone on this one.

So yeah, the November 5, 2005 date is locked in. Nothing can stop this wedding now!! Well.. maybe I can think of one thing. Anyway.. Allison pointed out how cool the wedding date was when written numerically: 11/05/05. While ordinarily I hate odd numbers, these are okay because they come in pairs. Sweet...

So these were the two finalists for the reception sites:

1) The Hartland Mansion - An old mansion in downtown Las Vegas. Famous because "Elvis used to stay there." Charms include kitschy vintage decor and reception tables set up around an indoor pool. (According to the manager, only one person has fallen in in all the time they've had wedding receptions there.) It also has a really nice entry area that's perfect for a cocktail hour. Drawbacks include: the place having an "old house" smell; looking like a mausoleum from the outside; silk flowers and a limited menu prepared offsite and served on warming trays.

2) Maggiano's - A restaurant with banquet space, located at the front of the Fashion Show Mall on the Las Vegas Strip. Here is a virtual tour of the banquet room. Charms include: a view of the Strip; classic understated decor; an antique premium bar; and fresh flowers. Drawbacks include: it's actually a restaurant and the view of the strip is mostly of the old Frontier, which might be a construction site come November.

So like I said, we did the tasting and decided to go with ................. Maggiano's! The food absolutely rocked the house. It's got both quality and quantity. I'm super-excited. I just hope you all like it as much as we did. If not, there's always the 4-hour open bar!!!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats on making a decision! I know how much you agonized.

Sweet Coalminer said...

Of all the dates to not change. I have to say I'm a little disappointed you can't move it up or back for me. Assuming you would actually invite me...

Cladeedah said...

I thought wedding invites were reciprocal? I remember seeing your wedding photos.. but not an invitation....hmmmmm ;-)

Sweet Coalminer said...

Ouch!

We only had immediate family and wedding party at the wedding (and Kathleen b/c I wanted to set her up w/ Cory's best man). But you got an invite to the reception!

(p.s. are you SURE you can't move it up a couple months?)

Cladeedah said...

I was just teasing. I know I was invited to the reception.. :-) So when is Lil Spook due?

Sweet Coalminer said...

Officially, Lil Spook will be exiting my cooter 11-4-05 + or - 2 weeks. :-D It looks more like 11-7-05, though, by measurements.

Aren't I a classy girl?

And dude, you will see that whom you invite to your wedding is something that you will hear about FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Or at least a year... I'm still getting comments from not-immediate family about how we snubbed them.

Cladeedah said...

Who would ever be so audacious as to remind you that you didn't invtie them to your wedding?? Talk about classless! ;-)

So I'm thinking you squeeze out the pup early and then you can come drink with the rest of us on 11/05. The babe can stay with your cousin here in Vegas baby!