Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Rock bottom

So my good friend Jeanny made me watch the first two episodes of what has got to be one of the most God-awful reality television shows in history: Dancing with the Stars. She boasted and beamed about how great it was, but, sadly, it failed to deliver. It was certainly no Top Model. It wasn't even a Temptation Island! Or a Big Brother! Not even a Celebrity Mole! It's shameful to even call this spectacle reality tv. There's nothing real about Evander Holyfield prancing around like a showboy! Seriously reality-tv-show-people, maintain some dignity!

Same goes for Hell's Kitchen, which follows former office assistants, headhunters, and housewives as they pursue their dreams of being berated on national television by a psychotic British dude. As the contestents like to remind us, this guy is way worse than Simon Cowell. Ooohh... I'm shaking in my boots.

The sad thing about all of this is that even though I recognize that these shows are crap, I'm still watching. They're all that I have left. I'm scraping the bottom of the summer hiatus barrel. I'm like a heroin addict rifling through sh*t in hopes of finding a small bit of heroin suppository. Pathetic. I just hope I'm still able to hold up my end of a human conversation in the morning. I'm thinking now would be a good time to take up some sort of hobby...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain sista'. I'm considering adding "Hit me baby, one more time" and "Gilligan's Island" to my repertoire.

Cladeedah said...

Ally - yeah, I'm totally going to finish watching those. Did you hear they un-cancelled it b/c DVD sales were so high?

Kat said...

ok so one day this week i went home to keep from getting sick and while i worked on my laptop all day, i saw about 10 episodes of america's model. the one with adrienne and elise. elise is cool. you're right.

Cladeedah said...

Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!! I love it! Rock on!!

Sweet Coalminer said...

Dude. There's always something on E! or Vh1. Last night we watched "America's favorite TV child stars" on Vh1 for like 4 hours. It was AWESOME!

Can you ever watch too many "True Hollywood Stories"? I can't.

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I loved Freaks and Geeks, and I was so sad when they cancelled it, that I wrote the creators and asked them to find a different network to carry it.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I like the Hit me baby one more time...I do agree that there are some awful reality show on these days... like Hell's kitchen.

sugafree9 said...

Don't be talkin that jive about Hell's kitchen. You know you cried when they kicked off Dewberry and his bitch tits.

It gripping and definately not third tier.

Maybe 2nd.